The Big Six: Steps in the Research Cycle
- What is the question/problem to be solved?
- What types of information are needed to solve the question/problem?
- What are the possible sources of information?
- Which are the best of all the possibilities?
Location and Access
- Where are these sources?
- Where is the information in each source?
Uses of Information
- What information does the source provide?
- How can you extract the information you need?
- How does the information from all the sources fit together?
- How is the information best presented?
- Was the information problem solved?
- If the problem had to be solved again, what would you do differently?